Worst Buys OF MY LIFE

So we all know I'm not the greatest shopper. From impulse buys to my inability to save, I'm just not the one to have on your team on Supermarket Sweep.

Throughout my life this has lead to a few complications including these purchases. Purchases I never needed, never wanted and omg why on earth did I buy that!

I feel like they're should be a scale for how bad these purchases were:
Perfect.

I'd have to say one of my top worst buys would definitely have to be my owl nightlight.
I was out with friend at this really fancy shop and she kept picking out really pretty things saying how much they would suit my room and she bought like 4 things but I couldn't face the huge price tags without feeling a little bit of vom rise in the back of my throat.
But she was a new friend, a "cooler" friend, I wanted her to like me! So what did I do? Found the literal cheapest thing in the shop, and had to describe to this friend how much I needed this nightlight, somehow at the time believing it was cooler to need a nightlight than not buy anything?? So I bought this over-priced monstrosity and went home thinking at least I'd have a nice new accessory for my house.

Nope. The bloody thing DIDN'T EVEN WORK! I couldn't stop laughing with my sister as we tried fruitlessly to get this piece of rubbish to light up even a little. Needless to say, I took it back the next day (in complete spy-gear/camouflage in case I saw that friend there) and have never been so happy to see a wad of cash in my whole life. Don't use money to impress people, honestly. Or at very least, remember to keep the receipt.

I think that's a solid 'think next time' (enjoy my shoddy colouring!) because honestly, I'm not even still friends with that girl! The trek definitely wan't worth it.

Next up would have to be my hair straighteners. You may or may not know, but I have curly hair. And as the saying goes, I always wanted the opposite: I always wanted dead-straight hair like all the models. My mum wouldn't let me get hair straighteners as she didn't want me ruining my hair whihc is fair enough but I was sooo adamant this was my greatest aspiration, to have straight hair. So one day on the way home from school I got all my savings (and some of Wenna's- sorry!) and bought myself a hair straightener. Oh and as  knew nothing about hair care or such equipment, I just chose the straightener with the prettiest girl on the front. Obviously.

I got home before my mum so decided immediately to try my exciting new purchase out! I brushed my locks out and did as they did on telly, pulled my hair through the contraption and...
nothing happened.
I tried again and again to flatten my hair but nothing was happening! I put it on the highest setting, I did tiny amounts of hair at at time, but to no avail. I decided the reason must just be that I wasn't holding it for long enough.
You can see where this is going.
After a while there was this odd smell coming from the machine so I pulled it away. With a rather large chunk of my hair.
There was a blackened lump of my hair stuck to the straightener- I was terrified!
I quickly decided never to use these straighteners ever again- having straight hair definitely wasn't worth losing half of it in the process.

This definitely deserves the 'You're poor' category simply because I couldn't return the straightners as they were blocked up with my burned hair. Still bitter about this experience. Still haven't straightened my hair since.

Finally the worst purchase of my life. My pregnancy pants.

Now, I'm not going to assume anything, but from my profile picture you can probably work out I'm not that old. Not very old and never been pregnant!
So why, I hear you ask, did I buy pregnancy leggings? It was a complete accident.
Honestly, they should label pregnancy gear clearer!

So I was in Primark searching for a new pair of leggings. I live in leggings, they're just so comfy which means they fulfil my whole criteria for clothing. I was searching and searching around this vast store for this simple peice of clothing for what seemed like hours until I eventually found a lone pair of leggings in my size. A miracle I thought! I tried them on and they had this rally cool high-waist band to like keep in your tummy. I was really pleased with my purchase and headed home happy I'd found what I was looking for and more.

The next day I went out in my leggings for the first time. As did a few other people. Namely pregnancy people. How did I know they were the same leggings? Well apart from the fact that we shared that tummy band design, there was a distinctive heart shape on the band which I saw that on actual pregnant looked really cute sitting on their baby bellys.
I was too far away to go home and change so had to last the day wearing pregnancy leggings in a town where everyone shops in that Primark so everyone ends up wearing the same thing.
I think I was very lucky no pregnancy rumours started!
I think it was very unfair that these ladies get such comfort! What about me! I need to have my tummy securely held after a big meal I can tell you!

Well anyway, I can never wear those leggings again, no matter how much I loved them and that securely puts this as my worst purchase. Look what happens when you just go for comfort ey!

So here they are. My worst ever purchases and how I dealt with such life decisions (basically pushing them to the back of my mind so I don't have to think about my own stupidity).
But you know what, maybe these weren't that terrible of life decisions. Maybe these were just just purchases too ahead of their time! In the future I could need a glow-in-the-dark owl, in the future I could break my iron and quickly need another alternative.
And maybe, just maybe,one day in many years time I will celebrate finding out I am pregnant with chocolates, hugs and a fave pair of leggings.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts