I'm a Terrible Sister



Ask either of my siblings, I'm a terrible sister and generally just a terrible person.

And though I have gained this title through years of work with crimes like stealing their chocolates from the Christmas tree; blaming them for breakages (sorry Auntie Miranda you definitely should've had a less breakable oven) and occasionally punching them in the face on their last day of school (yeah this one wasn't my finest moment); there is one defining moment that confirms my title as Most Terrible Sister Ever.

This shall be called "The Belgium Drop Incident".

So when I was like 10, my family went on holiday to Belgium. It was set to be a lovely holiday, especially as down the road from our house was a park!

A beautiful adventure playground with tall turreted castles to play in and harsh concrete underneath, as if they were begging for the children to crack their skulls if they fell.
You can guess where this story is going.

One day, Rowenna and I, poor 7 year old baby sister Rowenna, snook down to this playground by ourselves to play.
We were having a whale of a time, sliding down the slides, swinging merrily and jumping on the wobbly bridges when I had the greatest idea of all time.

'Why don't we climb onto the roofs of the castle turrets?!!!11'

Rowenna being a young impressionable child agreed immediately and we began the expedition up our very own Mount Everest.

We started climbing on the smaller of the two turrets. I reached the top and sat on the spike, watching as Rowenna's little legs tried to keep up.
I then realised the only way to get onto the higher turret was by jumping from this one upwards to that one.
Not to over-exaggerate, but THE GAP WAS LIKE 200 METRES WIDE.

Obviously I still attempted it, and being the legendary parkour master I am, just made the jump.
So I was sitting on top of this turret waiting for Rowenna to catch up when she suddenly also made the leap of destiny.

But missed.

I just about caught her as she was falling. I had one hand holding her up, one hand gripping for dear life to the castle turret. I felt my hands slipping on both. I had to make a choice. Rowenna, or me.

Rowenna looked me dead in the eye as if she knew what was to happen next.
It was like the Mufasa/Scar moment.

I had to choose.

And hell no was it going to be me. I let that hoe drop asap.

As Mufasa fell to his death to be trampled upon, so Rowenna fell that drop, rejected by her own sister, onto solid concrete.

I remember just sitting still at the top of that building for a little staring at Rowenna as she lay on the ground.
Was I in shock? Or was I so horrified at my actions of without thinking throwing my sister to the wolves for my own sake?

I eventually climbed down and checked on Rowenna and she was fine(ish) so all was good in the end I guess?

I have since asked Rowenna whether she felt betrayed by my actions but she doesn't even remember the event.
I laughed at her lack of memory, not mentioning the fact that she probably doesn't remember due to falling on her head but hey hoe, there's no point telling her now. The past is in the past right?!

This post really paints me as a truly awful person but you guys might as well know the true me from the start!

To be fair I do feel bad for just dropping her; there probably was another way to save her which didn't involve a major head injury but to be honest, if it came to it, I'd probably do the exact same thing again.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts