Family Holidays: A Disaster Story




My family go on holiday every year to a European country for 2 weeks in the summer, and this year was no different. We went to the north of France and enjoyed sun, war museums and lots of cathedrals.

However, one day right in the middle of our relaxing vacation changed everything.

My family decided to go for a picnic in the park next to a swimming pool. It was lovely: flowers all around and playground equipment surrounding us. We started on our picnic when we heard this weird ringing noise from quite near to us. 5 minutes later there it was again.
We decided to explore this mysterious noise so my sister and I got up and walked around.

Until we found the source of the noise.

It was only when hundreds of children suddenly burst from a nearby building onto our picnic garden that it finally clicked.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. We were picnicking on a school field.

Yes it was incredibly emabreassing, but we hadn't even finished our first game of UNO, so, acting like any embarressed Brit would, we pretended nothing was happening and continued on with our picnic.
And it was at this exact moment, that we met Oggy.

Oggy was the huge brown Labrador that decided to visit us on the field. He was wearing a collar so we let him stroll around the grass assuming his owner would eventually turned up. Needless to say, they didn't.

Now, my family love dogs, but unfortunately my mum is allergic so the only obvious thing to do would be to call over this dog to eat our picnic with us- the game being that every time we called "Doggy" my mum would shout at us.

This odd game of 'bogeys' went on for a while until he finally heard and bounded towards us.
It was from here on we decided to call him Oggy, for after all, that is what he had answered to.

We eventually bid farewell to Oggy at the field (many tears were shed) to visit the swimming pool which had actually been the main reason for our visit. But Oggy was having none of it. He followed us out of the park and all the way to our car, which was when I decided to do a photo shoot with him!

It was probably this photo shoot that led to the next series of unfortunate events so I should probably take some blame, probably.

Suddenly Oggy disappeared, and we couldn't see where.

Until an angry French man started screaming at my Dad.

We realised he worked at the swimming pool so ran over, assuming he was calling for us to enter?
It wasn't until he dragged my dad inside the building that we realised what had happened.

Oggy had snook into the building and jumped into the outdoor swimming pool and the man, seeing our photo shoot with him, assumed the dog was ours so was bellowing, red-faced at my Dad to keep a better hold of Oggy and get him out of the pool!

My Dad's French isn't the best at times, but whilst under the pressure of an angry French man interrogating him? Incoherent.

In fact, my Dad couldn't remember the French for "That's not my dog" so under the pressure decided to instead say "I don't like my dog".

I don't know if the worker realised the lack of vocabulary or genuinely believed that my Dad just didn't like his dog so was letting him roam free.

Either way the problem was eventually solved with Oggy deciding swimming just wasn't for him so leisurely left the pool- presumably to find the next family to frame for his crimes.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts