You are your character

Hello chummies!

Ok, so ages ago I read that for sometime after you watch your favourite tv show or movie you become the character.
Like, you react to something the way they would or you find yourself worrying about their problems or believing you can do something they can do.

(Now I did try to find a link to the study but couldn't so if you do, feel free to send it to me)

Up until today I'd thought nothing of this post and generally got on with my life but today, after I think four hours of "Pretty Little Liars", I left the room to get a drink and whilst pouring  it I started to think of this girl's husband as if he were mine and then had to physically shake myself out of it.

Weird.

After three more hours, I was on my way to bed when I started an argument with my little sister; I then roughly shoved her to the ground saying "don't mess with me".

What the actual hell.

I have never said that in my life!

We both just sort of stared at each other surprised, when a character from "Pretty Little Liars"  comes into my head saying that exact line.

Yes I was 10000% freaked out. Then I remembered the post on how you become a character  and now I can't stop thinking about it.

How does your mind choose which character to mimic?

You'd assume it would be the main character but neither of the characters I copied were main characters.
So then you'd think it's the one you most identify with - I hope that's not true, I don't much want to be a lying sociopath.

I feel like I'm probably looking too much into this (another character trait maybe?) or maybe its a placebo affect and I'm making myself believe this is happening.
Either way, I admit seven hours of straight tv probably isn't helping the situation.

Have you ever experienced this phenomenon? If so please comment below; I'm really not keen on the whole psychopath theme my characters have going on.

Love you all and I'll see you soon (If I'm not too busy watching PLL) xxx

Comments

Popular Posts